“Us” or “We” means Dathjari Pty Ltd trading as Greener Housing Solutions ABN 45 442 945 195
“You” means the person who has signed this agreement and where it is signed by a person as a director on behalf of a body corporate means both the director personally and the body corporate.
“Deposit” means an amount equal to 10% of the Out-of-Pocket Cost of the system.
“Out of Pocket Cost” means the total cost that You will pay for the system inclusive of GST and is the Total System Value less the value of STC’s for which we offer a point-of-sale discount.
“GST” means Goods and Services Tax
“Goods” is the solar panels, inverter, electrical, battery backup, ecoflo split system air conditioner and other ancillary items listed in the quote.
“Quote” our Quote document is an offer to supply a solar power system, battery backup unit, electrical and ecoflo split system air conditioner in accordance to the terms and conditions of this agreement and unless stated otherwise explicitly in writing is valid for acceptance within 14 days of the date of the Quote only.
“Installation Date” means the date on which we, or our contractors, will install the solar power system. We will notify you of the Installation date at least one week prior to this date.
“STC” means Small-scale Technology Certificates. These are certificates that an owner of a new solar power system is entitled to create under the MRET legislation
TERMS OF THE AGREEMENT
- Payment terms
The Cost is paid as follows:
- A non-refundable deposit of 10% to 30% of the Cost is payable depending on scope of works required. Upon signing the quote, the reference to “Customer has read and agrees to Greener Housing Solutions terms and conditions” refers to this Term of The Agreement, the quotation itself and any other modifications made through email and any other form of communication to modify for the works as per the quote/order and any variations that have been made through the course of facilitating the quote/order/variation.
- Servicing works are different and do not require a deposit. All tax invoices on servicing work is strictly payable once works are competed. Prior to any servicing work Greener Housing Solutions will always discuss the nature of the job and obtain verbal approval. Sometimes we can quote on servicing work and sometime we are unable to. Verbal acceptance constitutes the agreement.
these T&Cs; and
- The remaining 70% to 90% of the Cost is payable the day of installation. Payment can be made either by cash, EFT or credit card. Credit card payments come at an expense to the customer of 1.5% of transaction amount. The above is generally the only costs that will be payable however there may be additional costs if a quote is accepted without a site inspection and the site necessitates additional costs due to the nature of the site such as extra costs associated with safety.
All Products supplied and/or installed remain the property of Greener Housing Solutions until full payment is made in accordance with this clause. If payment is not made in accordance with this clause, the Customer provides Greener Housing Solutions with authority to enter the Customer’s premises and remove the Products.
A failure to pay an invoice within 7 days may result in Greener Housing Solutions engaging a collection service. An additional fee equal to the cost of engaging the collection service and including Greener Housing Solutions time and costs to facilitate the collection (20% of the Cost) will be added to the invoice. Any court litigation to recover monies not paid will be added to the order and payable by the customer (You)
- Time of installation
Greener Housing Solutions will make every reasonable effort to install the Product in a timely manner. However, Greener Housing Solutions has no control over worldwide materials availability, peaks in demand created by changes in government legislation, inclement weather and/or other forms of force majeure. Delayed installation or grid connection is not a valid reason for claiming a refund or compensation from Greener Housing Solutions.
A fee of $880 will be charged if an installation is scheduled and for whatever reason Greener Housing Solutions cannot access the Customer’s property or is unable to facilitate the order due to site not prepared and or safety reasons.
Please contact your electricity retailer/provider before signing their contract to check what new electricity tariff rates may be applied and after the installation of their PV (Solar Power) system to confirm that the agreed tariff has been applied.
- STC’s and Solar Credits
Greener Housing Solutions will supply and install the Products in consideration of the Customer completing the paperwork in an accurate manner to transfer to Greener Housing Solutions the Solar Credits and STC’s, making the payment of the Cost in accordance with the payment clause and assigning Greener Housing Solutions the Customer’s rights to any Solar Credits and STC’s.
- STC discount
The Cost (detail contained in the Quote) is the total cost of Products and Services less the value of STC’s. Greener Housing Solutions provides the Customer with the discount of the value of the STC’s. If the Customer is not entitled to the STC’s then the Customer acknowledges that it will repay the value of the STC’s to Greener Housing Solutions when requested.
The power outputs contained in Greener Housing Solutions quote and or handover documents are based on the Products being installed in perfect conditions however if it is not possible to install in these conditions the power outputs may be lower than the amounts contained in the quote and or handover documents.
- Council Approval
The Customer is required to obtain any applicable council approval. Greener Housing Solutions reserves its right to not install the Products if council approval is not obtained. Customer is responsible for council approvals and is suggested the customer contact their council to ensure they are within the council’s regulations. By accepting these T&Cs, the Customer acknowledges that Greener Housing Solutions will assume this has been completed if required and that the council has approved such installation if the council is required to do so. All councils are different
The Customer agrees to provide Greener Housing Solutions with whatever personal information is required for the provision of the Services, including but not limited to disclosing that information in paperwork and relevant bodies. Greener Housing Solutions agrees to not sell the Customer’s personal information.
Whilst all effort it made to ensure no damage is made to the Customers roof there are occasions where some damage may be caused to the roof. The Customer agrees to release Greener Housing Solutions, its contractors or any agent from any claims related to damage to the Customer’s property however where that damage is caused by Greener Housing Solutions installation negligence it will work with the Customer to rectify the damage.
The Customer must engage a suitably qualified engineer to assess the ability of the house structure to support the weight of the installed equipment which is a maximum weight of 20kg per square metre. Any work required to provide sufficient structural support is the responsibility of the Customer. By accepting these T&Cs, the Customer acknowledges that Greener Housing Solutions will assume this has been completed and that the roof structure is suitable to support the proposed equipment.
- Release of Greener Housing Solutions
The Customer is encouraged to seek its own advice in relation to the solar tariffs and feed in schemes. The Customer agrees to release Greener Housing Solutions from, its employees and agents from any liability in relation to the following:
- If it is determined that the Customer is not entitled to claim feed in tariff;
- Any different interpretation in relation to the solar feed scheme regulations by SA Power Networks; and
- Any change to the tariff structure by SA Power Networks or the Customer’s retailer.
- Release of Greener Housing Solutions from obligations under T&Cs
Greener Housing Solutions has the right to be released from performing the obligations under these T&Cs in the following circumstances:
- An event of force majeure which prevents Greener Housing Solutions from performing its obligations; or
- In the opinion of Greener Housing Solutions, it is unsafe to install the Product.
Greener Housing Solutions will refund all payments made by the Customer except where the Product is unsafe and if the Customer provided an inaccurate description of the site in which case Greener Housing Solutions will refund all payments less the Deposit.
The South Australian Defamation Act 2005 is to be abided by both parties and will be acted upon when breach is considered damaging and unfounded.
- Manufacturing warranties
The Customer is provided with the following manufacturing warranties:
Manufacturing solar and inverter warranty – The manufacturers of the solar panel(s) and inverter(s) provide a warrant on the solar panel(s) and inverter(s). The contact details of the manufacturers are contained in the “warranty” section of the quote and or our website and or can be obtained upon request. The Customer must contact Greener Housing Solutions if the Customer considers it has a warranty claim against the manufacturer. Greener Housing Solutions will address all product related warranty claims on behalf of the customer for a period five years after installation
Structural warranty – The manufacturing of the mounting systems (racking) provides a warranty which is strictly limited to the structural integrity of the mounting systems supporting the solar panels. The contact details of the manufactures are contained in the “warranty” section of the quote and or our website and or can be obtained upon request. The Customer must contact Greener Housing Solutions if the Customer considers it has a warranty claim against the manufacturer.
- Greener Housing Solutions warranty
Greener Housing Solutions provides a 5-year warranty on workmanship from date of installation so the Customer can be assured that the products will be installed correctly.
Greener Housing Solutions will endeavor to visit the Customers address to problem solve any issues within 7-14 business days. The warranty guarantees that the installation will be done in accordance with manufacturers recommendations to the extent that they are consistent with Australian standards. Greener Housing Solutions Products come with guarantees that are not exempt from applicable consumer law. The Customer is entitled to any benefits that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law.
Greener Housing Solutions does not provide a warranty where the product is damaged/faulty/defective due to:
- Accident, negligent misuse, negligence misuse, theft, vandalism, fire, water, electrical surge, lightning strike
- Conditions outside the specification or operation of the products including without limitation, electrical power, temperature, humidity or dust
- Any repair, relocation or alteration of a product not performed by Greener Housing Solutions or its authorised service agents;
- Any cause other than normal use; and
- Goods are damaged due to faults in equipment from the Customer.
- General terms
These T&Cs come into existence at the time that Greener Housing Solutions receives the Customer’s signed quote form. Greener Housing Solutions may vary this agreement and the Cost at any time before the site inspection has been completed and before the deposit has been paid. Greener Housing Solution provides a 10-day cooling off period from the time this agreement comes into existence being signing of order and Greener Housing Solutions will refund the Deposit within this period if paid.
If any provision (or part provision) of these T&Cs is or becomes invalid or unenforceable, that invalidity or unenforceability will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions of this deed.
These T&Cs are governed by the laws of the State of South Australia and Greener Housing Solutions and the Customer irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that State.
These terms can be agreed upon in writing, electronic form, signature or verbal form.
Once the contract is signed, any variations to the system design must be documented and agree upon by the consumer prior to installation. This can be in the form of email, variation order and any other form of communication with today’s technology.
These T&Cs along with the Quote and any variations made to order, by email or any other method of communication constitutes the entire agreement between the Greener Housing Solutions and the Customer. It supersedes and replaces any prior or collateral negotiation, understanding, representation, communication or agreement by or between Greener Housing Solutions and the Customer in relation to its subject matter, whether written, oral, express or implied.
The follow is explaining some of the Term & Conditions in more simplified terms but does not omit the above body of this TERMS OF AGREEMENT but simply adds and compliments to it
- Customer is aware that their chosen Energy Provider may charge the homeowner directly for the changeover of the meter and is responsible for. Greener Housing Solutions will email only the energy provider to order the meter
- Customer understands and has been explained the role of the Relevant Agent and the direction of The Department of Energy & Mining and is responsible for
- Customer understands flexible exports and has been notified if they are in a flexible exports area which is coming the entire state of South Australia soon. The SEG Approval through SA Power Networks will be abided by Greener Housing Solutions and the customer is responsible for. The customer will receive a copy of the SA Power networks approvals and is to read and understand them or reach out to SA Power Networks for clarification. Customer understands that human error can happen from time to time and the customer is responsible for. Any changes ordered by SA Power Networks or any other governing entities and not limited to, after the installation has taken place, the customer will be financially responsible for the changes and rectifications.
- Customers agrees to Greener Housing Solutions submitting for the SEG Approvals, Relevant Agent nomination and meter application on the customers behalf and the customer is responsible for
- Customer understands the rules and regulations of entities such as and not limited to SA Power Networks, Energy Provider, Department of Energy & Mining, Office of Technical Regulator etc and the customer is responsible for
- Customer to provide a copy of recent electricity bill and is not to move to another electricity provider until after the meter changeover has been completed as this will delay the meter changeover process
- The words “Customer has read and agrees to Greener Housing Solutions terms and conditions” as out line in the signed order constitutes these terms and conditions as well and any other terms and conditions tailored to the order and conveyed by any means of communication including and not limited to email, sms etc.
- A Deposit of 10% to 30% depending on job requirements will be required if proceeding with the order. Once site inspection has been completed and works have commenced such as and not limited to lodgment of SA Power Networks approvals, site plans, line diagrams, site inspections, ordering of meter, specialised and technical correspondence in relation to works required etc. the deposit will be non-refundable to cover costs. If specialised materials such as and not limited to Tesla allocations, stock holding, specialise materials on behalf of the customer and required by the customer or machinery such as and not limited to boom lifts etc. is engaged further monies (part payment) maybe required and will be discussed with the customer prior to ordering and taking delivery. If the job/installation has been cancelled by the customer for any reason the cost of will be deducted from monies paid by the customer to recover costs and losses.
- Clear and safe access to be provided on installation date and in accordance to SafeWork SA rules and regulations
- Cancellations of booked installation dates can happen from time to time due to events outs side of Greener Housing Solutions control. This includes and it not limited to weather events such as rains, winds and wind gusts, Covid related illness (customer & Greener Housing Solutions), stock arrival delays etc. Customer understands events such as and not limited to weather can be unpredictable for example a few days prior to installation weather can show heavy rains but on the day it can end sunny. Greener Housing Solutions cannot be responsible for predicting the future
- Any installation cancellations due to onsite safety in accordance to SafeWork SA will be decided by Greener Housing Solutions and only Greener Housing Solutions in protection of all workers on the site location/ property.
- Any aggressive nature from the customer to Greener Housing Solutions and or its workers will not be tolerated. If Order is cancelled due to aggression such as and not limited to profanity, violence, drug and alcohol abuse etc. the deposit with not be refundable and monies will be used to recover losses
- Covid 19 and other communicable viruses and diseases that can be transmitted. Any Government imposed orders are to be abided by all including Greener Housing Solutions and any one working as part of Greener Housing Solutions including the customer and any persons within the site/property. Any changes to installations due to the Government order are outside of Greener Housing Solutions control. Customer to make contact with Greener Housing Solutions immediately on 0438417497 if they are unwell and their time of sickness coincides with the installation of the Product. If on the day of installation of the Product it is found the customer or any other persons on the site that are not part of Greener Housing Solutions and or it workers will be penalised with $980 inc GST an add to the order
- Customer to be present at the installation of this order. Customer understands if the manhole is required to facilitate the works as per the order. The customer is required to allow access
- For all tiled roof installations, customers are required to have spare tiles in case of the rare occurrence of tiles broken during installation of this order. Customer responsible for
- Final balance due on installation
- Customer understands that if final balance is not paid on installation of this order, fees and charges may apply
- Any proceedings entered for non-payment, the customer will be liable for legal fees, charges and time for recovery.
- The full system remains the property of Greener Housing Solutions until payment in full is received
- Greener Housing Solutions terms and conditions can be added to and not limited to facilitating specialised electrical works, special deals as well as holding materials to help with and not limited to prices rises, new builds, renovations etc. These terms and conditions can be explained in a more casual setting such as email or by another forms of communication
- For monitoring of the inverter and or Battery Backup Unit, rules and regulations of the relevant agent and rules and regulations of the SA Home Battery Rebate and Rules and regulations of the Battery Backup Unit the customer requires stable internet connection and is responsible for. This cannot be mobile phone internet
- If a compliant Meter Isolator switch is required an extra charge will be added to the order. If a complaint main switch is required and extra charge will be added to the order. If any other compliant materials are required it will be discussed with the customer either verbally or via and other means of communication and will be added to the order
- If further works are required due to compliance rules and regulations, extra costs may be added to the order and discussed with the customer prior to works commencing. This discussion can be in person, email or other forms of correspondence
End Of Simplified
“Customer” means the person who has signed this agreement.
“Deposit” means an amount equal to 10% of the Cost.
“Cost” means the total cost that the Customer pays for the system (incl. of GST) and is the total cost of the Products and Services less the value of STC’s for which we deduct from the total cost of the Products and Services.
“Greener Housing Solutions” means Dathjari Pty Ltd trading as Greener Housing Solutions
“GST” means Goods and Services Tax
“Products” is the solar panels, inverter and other ancillary items listed in the quote.
“Quote” our Quote document is an offer to supply a solar power system in accordance to the terms and conditions of this agreement and unless stated otherwise explicitly in writing is valid for acceptance within 5 days of the date of the Quote only.
“Installation Date” means the date on which we, or our contractors, will install the solar power system. Greener Housing Solutions will notify the Customer of the Installation date at least one week prior to this date.
“Services” means the supply and installation of a solar power system.
“STC” means Small-scale Technology Certificates. These are certificates that an owner of a new solar power system is entitled to create under the MRET legislation
“T&Cs” means this Agreement.
Greener Housing Solutions will provide feedback on the outcome of complaints to the consumer within 21 days of receipt and customers will be advised if more time is required to rectify the complaint. The investigation will be completed within 45 days of receipt of the complaint.
Should you need to escalate a complaint, please contact the office on 84497627, if you are unhappy with our internal response, please direct your complaint to https://www.cbs.sa.gov.au/
48. Solar Retailer code of conduct
As a solar approved retailer, we must comply as a signatory with the code. To view the code, click here https://assets.cleanenergycouncil.org.au/documents/approved-solar-retailers/approved-solar-retailer-code-of-conduct.pdf